Monday, March 3, 2014

Just Another Day in Paradise :)


The weather this week has been pretty great. 60s and 70s the whole time. I'm loving it. This is what spring looks like apparently :) We have been trying to take advantage of the awesome weather and contact as many people as we can. 

On Thursday we were lucky to do lots of service! We came and volunteered at the library. We helped cut out papers, organize, and shelf books in the children's section. The lady who is over the kids place is named Miss Penny. She is sweet. We look forward to getting to know her better and sharing Jesus with her. The same day we also helped a family clean their kitchen and pack their dishes to move. The Coleman family. They are a family that the sisters met a while ago, we went to go see if they would be interested in taking the lessons again and ended up helping them clean. The good news is that they do! The bad news is that they are moving to another house in the 2nd ward. My district leader gave us unlimited permission to travel anywhere in the district! So we can probably still teach her. But if it ends up being too far away we may just have the 2nd ward elders teach them. We are still pondering about it.

I learned a lot about revelation in my studies this week. I know that obedience is the key to receiving guidance and assistance from God. When we are obedient, we can be trusted with more knowledge and responsibility. We bring ourselves closer to the Spirit by standing in holy places, just as we are commanded. I love the scripture:

 "Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." D&C 88:63

My goal is to be an AP-status missionary. Everyone knows that the ones who are the most obedient are the ones who get to be AP!
I love y'all lots! Have a good week :)



Michelle's baptism cake

No comments:

Post a Comment