Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11


This week has been great! Sister Chidester and I made it through
another transfer and we're still serving together! She is a great
companion. She is very patient and accepting of others, including
myself. We have lots of fun together! I am very happy to be serving
with her because we teach very well together.

Currently we are so blessed to have lots of people to teach! Some of
our favorites are a beautiful family with lots of foster children, a
new bride, and a sweet couple with brand new twin babies! The field is
white here in Douglas, GA. Literally.. the cotton fields are starting
to bloom!

The next few days hold lots of excitement for our little town and our
band of missionaries. Elder Dallin H. Oaks will bless us with an
appearance this weekend. They are changing the Tifton Stake
Presidency, and everyone will be traveling to the Douglas building to
hear the Apostle speak. They've been talking about it for months! We
have been worried about how we will manage to get there early enough
for a seat, but this morning we just found out that we will get to be
a part of a special missionary choir for the conference! What a
blessing! President Cottle will conduct the choir, of course. He is
very good at it. We will be singing High on the Mountain Top, and This
is the Christ! I love those songs :)
The Zone Leaders also asked me to arrange a musical number with some
elders for Zone Training Meeting this week. I'm so nervous, I think
they will be singing "I Believe in Christ". I have to come up with
piano accompaniment for it. Wish me luck! Even better, pray for me!
Haha.

Lately I have been thinking more about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
I think about it a lot, because that is what we teach everything
around; but I want to be better at applying it to myself. Just last
night we were visiting with a sweet member who is battling
fibromyalgia. She is in such terrible pain all the time, and life
obstacles are being put in her way on top of it all. But I know she
has a great understanding of the Atonement and a personal relationship
with Christ because of the incredible love she has for others and the
sweet spirit that is about her!
I cant wait for the day that I can meet my Redeemer!

Here are my favorite scriptures:

D&C 19: 16-19
16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they
might not suffer if they would repent;
 17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
 18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all,to
tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer
both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup,
and shrink—
 19 Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook andfinished my
preparations unto the children of men.

D&C 45: 3-5
 3 Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading
your cause before him—
 4 Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no
sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which
was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be
glorified;
 5 Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name,
that they may come unto me and have everlasting life.

I know Heavenly Father loves me, and that he loves you too! I hope
that you have a wonderful week!
-Sister Karely Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment